I participated in the web conference today. This was my first time to participate in a web conference. It was a very positive experience I believe. It helped me understand it more and the reason for it. Before the conference I didn't really see the point of using it with my students in 2nd grade. I couldn't really think of how I would use it in my classroom. In the web conference, I got some great ideas and reasons why it should be used in the classroom. One way was for students to see and talk to other students in other parts of the country and the world. It gives them an opportunity to see what it is like in other places. I also got a lot of information about ILD and LCE. I keep getting emails about it, but I just keep pushing it off to the side because I didn't really understand what it was and when I should really work on it. It was very beneficial to have time to talk to other students in the class that are a little further along in this program and get advice. It was great. I am planning on using "Google" a lot more for things. I didn't realize how helpful it really is. I am planning on googling "open source software" to find more free software to use with my students. The web conference was also very helpful in coursework information. For Week 4, we have to develop an Action Plan. We got the information to use "Google" and look for Action plan examples. It was stated that the assignment isn't directed specifically, but is giving us the opportunity to develop a plan that benefits us. The web conference today was very beneficial and a very positive experience.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Web Conference (3/12/11) 11:30am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment