Action research is very important to education. I have learned that it has four main phases that should be followed. They are to define an issue, research to find solutions, try the solution decided on, and reflect and share the results. I have realized that it is a never ending process and should be used throughout the school and/or district (Dana, 2009, p. 9). Learning about action research has made me reflect on professional development I have been attending in my district. I think that if more professional development was using action research, the teachers attending would benefit more and feel more productive. Action research is learner-centered and is beneficial to all that use it.
I have been thinking about how I can use action research at my current school. The main issue I think action research would help my school is in math. My school scored lower than normal on third and fourth grade math TAKS. I would like to get a PLC together and define the issue that each grade level needs to improve on and form an action research plan to help our scores for the coming years. I think we need to research programs or strategies or interventions to implement to help with instruction. Another way I could use action research is how to display data. My principal and I discussed that data is being sent out but not really looked at to help set goals to improve. I think I could use action research to help find ways to distribute data and then help set up PLCs to discuss and set goals to improve. I could help each PLC use the action research phases to help improve an issue and instruction.
No comments:
Post a Comment